About the Department
This interdisciplinary approach to information and knowledge management ensures that our graduates are competent professionals who are able to provide valuable service to organisations through the discovery and management of knowledge assets, development and implementation of efficient information processing systems and providing advice on relevant adoptions of information communication technologies.
- Train competent information and knowledge management professionals capable of mainstreaming information and knowledge as essential components of human activity and development;
- Train a critical mass of professionals able to contribute to the development of theories, policies and best practices in information and knowledge management by providing credible evidence through research and other forms of scholarly engagement;
- Create and sustain visibility and a positive image of information and knowledge work and workers at the national, regional and international levels;
- Develop the capacity of information and knowledge professionals to create and fill gold-collar jobs in Kenya and beyond; and
- Support the transformation of Kenya’s economy by providing an adequate pool of knowledge workers.